12 December 2011

Charting and Selling!

Rather than just blowing my horn and telling you about my book, I thought instead I'd, well...blow my horn and tell you about my book. 

But in a good way! 

It's been 2 weeks since we released The Girls From Alcyone. When I undertook this project I had no idea what to expect in terms of how the book would be received or whether or not it would even sell at all. Like almost all of us who write, though, those things were the furthest from my mind. I wrote the book because I had to; I knew that if I didn't take the time to do this now, I'd regret it, big time. 

So now it's out. It's up for sale all over the place (wonderful thing, these eBooks and POD). And I couldn't be more pleased. You're actually buying it! 

Sales are definitely exceeding my hopes and expectations (while I admit, I was fully prepared to sell zero). This past week The Girls have climbed up into the top 20 on Amazon's SciFi-Adventure New Release chart. 

Granted, in the grand scheme of things, I'm still buried under the ever growing mountain of pulp and slush, but that's okay. It's where I'm supposed to be. 

It's still been a wonderful thrill to see my book on the charts and rising. In a little over a week, I'll be gone from the New Release charts (I guess I'll be old hat, or something), but for now, I've really been enjoying the ride. 

Thank you so much to all of you who bought my story. You're all making my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment